PINK STAR PETUNIA IN HANGING BASKETS
One of the best uses for Supertunia Mini Vista® Pink Star is to make a picture perfect a hanging basket. Suspending it from an eve or shepherd’s hook gives the 2-ft long trailing stems encrusted with pink and white starry blooms a chance to show off at eye level. This vigorous petunia is spectacular planted on its own but will also pair with other strong growing flowers. Scroll down to find recipe ideas as well as best practices for planting and tending our Annual of the Year in hanging baskets.
Click the images above to learn more about each recipe.
PLANTING YOUR HANGING BASKET
- Follow the recipes shown above to plant your 12” hanging basket of Supertunia Mini Vista Pink Star petunia and its sun loving companions.
- Space the plants equally in a triangular pattern in the basket so it fills out on all sides.
- Use a good quality potting soil in your hanging basket. Better potting soils are light in texture and weight, and water drains easily through them.
- Mix a bit of slow release plant food into the potting soil before you add the plants. Follow the package instructions to know how much to use. This will ensure a small amount of food is available to the plants’ roots over the season.
- Water your newly planted hanging basket immediately to help the soil settle in around the plants’ roots.
- Hang it up in a sunny to lightly shaded spot from a sturdy hook, pole or post.