THE DIAMOND COLLECTION HANGING BASKETS
Diamond euphorbia are versatile plants that thrive in both sun and part shade, and require less water than many other annual flowers. That comes in handy for hanging baskets since the soil tends to dry out quicker in these kinds of containers. You’ll want to make sure you choose companions that share similar preferences so all of the plants in your baskets will flourish.
- Choose the airy textured Diamond Frost for average-sized 10-14” hanging baskets whey they will pair well with most other annual flowers.
- Choose Diamond Snow if you’d like a denser pop of white in your average-sized 10-14” hanging baskets hanging baskets.
- Choose the supersized Diamond Mountain for extra-large hanging baskets and pair them with other vigorous flowers like Supertunia Vista® petunias.
PLANTING YOUR HANGING BASKET
- Follow the recipes shown above to plant your 12” hanging basket of Diamond Euphorbia and its sun or shade loving companions.
- Space the plants equally in a triangular pattern in the basket so it fills out on all sides.
- Use a good quality potting soil in your hanging basket. Better potting soils are light in texture and weight, and water drains easily through them.
- Mix a bit of slow release plant food into the potting soil before you add the plants. Follow the package instructions to know how much to use. This will ensure a small amount of food is available to the plants’ roots over the season.
- Water your newly planted hanging basket immediately to help the soil settle in around the plants’ roots.
- Hang it up in a sunny to partly shaded spot from a sturdy hook, pole or post.
CARING FOR YOUR HANGING BASKET
You’ll be amazed how self-sufficient your Diamond euphorbia are in your hanging baskets. A little sunshine, an occasional drink, and a light dose of plant food are all they need to sparkle all season.